I would like to lose that sense of entitlement and go back to being profoundly thankful for all the things in my life and not taking anything for granted. So in the spirit of gratitude, let me count the things I am thankful for today.
1. I won a free Gloria Jeans drink in a (sure-win) raffle. Hehehe. Of course, I haven't seen a Gloria Jeans outlet in Sg so far but that's beside the point.
2. I just received my vouchers for $40 to be used in major groceries and convenience stores. It's like being handed $40 in cold cash. Now, I won't have to worry about my toiletries for the next month.
3. I was super late for my dental appointment but my dentist took it in stride and just scheduled me for the next appointment. And my teeth felt minty fresh and super clean. Till I took my first bite of pork bbq. Hehehe.
4. And of course, free dinner! The best part was eating Pinoy-style sinugba (grilled) liempo (pork belly) and bbq. Thanks again Reggie and Janice!
5. The icing on the cake was the giveaways at the BBQ party. They gave us bottles of The Body Shop shower gels. Nahiya naman ako bigla sa gift ko na The Body Shop din. Good thing I did not give it yet and I still have a chance to change it. :D
6. A free desk! :D Emman didn't want the desk in her room anymore and gave it to me. I got a desk for nothing. I needed a desk for the longest time but I never got around to getting one for myself. I guess the universe got impatient and decided to send a desk my way.
All of these things I owe to God who is the source of all goodness. Thank you Lord for everything and everyone in my life.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude" - GK Chesteron
No comments:
Post a Comment