Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Alarmed

I keep a tally of my credit card purchases for this Christmas season to prevent me from going overboard with my spending. I guess the exercise is an epic failure because I have definitely charged more than I should have. My heart palpitations became faster as the numbers went up.

I was wondering where the bank's my money went but I only have to look around my room to see all the shopping bags to get my answer. I swear this is the last time I'm buying Lacoste. It turned out to be more expensive than I'd planned for. But it's hard to buy for my Dad who's just so casual. And I don't want to buy him any old thing. Next time I'm just giving him cash.

Now, I have this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I think of the bill that's due at the end of the this month. Hay! But I won't allow it to spoil Christmas and my homecoming. After all, what's money if you can't use it to make yourself and other people happy.

Now, I've to work out a budget for my trip home. I thought I had it covered since I have money coming to me when I get home. I thought it would be enough and I don't have to touch my paycheck here. But the way things are going, plans changing and parties adding up here and there, I'm having second thoughts. I hate doing the math but if I don't want to start 2010 broke and in debt, I better buckle down.

Hay, it's so expensive to go home but what can I do. I'd rather spend money and be happy rather than try to save and turn homicidal suicidal from boredom here in Sg.

No comments: