Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another Year Has Gone By

Everybody is trying to recapture 2009 before 2010 takes over. So here's my own yearender. This meme was swiped from someone else's blog.

What did you do in 2009 that you've never done before?
2009 was a banner year in terms of new things experienced and done. I rode a camel, fed a giraffe, saw an underwater shipwreck, slept in the desert, conquered a new continent (Africa), went wakeboarding, bought an LV, ran (and finished) a 10K marathon and, and, ........ and I'm sure there are other things I've done that escapes me at the moment. :D

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I call it my to-do list for the year. There are some that I've ticked off and some that were left undone. The feeling I got the day I crossed off conquer a new continent goal remains in my memory. And the new year won't be a new year if I did not set new goals to achieve.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
S with cutie, cutie baby A. Can't wait to meet the pretty baby girl.

Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no.

What countries did you visit?
Hmmmm..... I'm not sure if I did Indonesia this year or last but I went back to Malaysia, and got to see Morocco. Went back home to the Philippines too. (Naga, Caramoan and Coron)

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A Burberry bag. Hehehe. Sweetheart, are you reading this? :D

What date from 2009 will remain in your memory, and why?
August 16, 2009. The day I ran and finished my first 10K marathon. I am the most athletically challenged person you can ever meet and the feeling of going past the finish line was so empowering, it made me feel I can do anything. Yeah, even sports.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
When I stretched beyond my physical limits. Never thought I could wakeboard and finish a marathon.

What was your biggest failure?
Not taking care of my spiritual life enough. Not having enough prayer time.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual hyper acidity attacks brought by stress.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My ever patient, ever loyal, ever forgiving sweetheart. Love you!

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Ampatuans and Philippine politicians in general.

What songs will remind you of 2009?
Hmmmm... I'm not really into making soundtracks of my life but anyway let me give this a try.
Nobody But You by The Wondergirls and any Lady Gaga song. She owned the 2009 musical scene in my opinion. Plus Star ng Pasko, the ABS CBN station ID. :D

What do you wish you'd done more?
More writing! More praying. More saving. :(

What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I did not worry so much. And I should spend less time obsessing about things I cannot control.

What was your favorite tv program?
I'm hooked on Cougartown, The Big Bang Theory and Glee.

What was the best book you read?
I mostly read fluff so nothing stands out in my mind. Maybe Living Water because I use it to pray.

What did you want and get?
Does it have to be a gift or can it be something you give yourself? I gave myself a trip to a new continent. I intend to conquer all seven of them so help me God.

What things did you like?
Facebook! Hehehe. Adik lang. :D Mango tanktops. Short shorts.

What was your favorite film of the year?
Up and 500 Days of Summer. I only saw a few movies this year. Tinamad masyado.

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Age will be kept under lock and key. :D I gave a dinner party at Seafood Paradise.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm not posting it here. :D But I wonder if I had indeed gotten it if it would really be as satisfying as I first thought.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I had no personal fashion concept in 2009 or even in the years before. It was the usual boring shirt, capris and sandals combo. This is one thing I should work on next year.

What kept you sane?
Mafia Wars! Hehehe. Seriously, praying and having my sweetheart listen to me and my (imagined) woes.

What political issue stirred you the most?
The upcoming elections and the possibility of election fraud.

Who did you miss?
My family in Pinas and my lola (may God bless her soul)

Who was the best person you met?
Nica, my new sis in Lingkod. So mabait. So opposite me. :D

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I finally learned that there's no such thing as a free lunch. I had a easy life before. I got what I wanted with minimal effort. But this year, I learned that some things have to be worked hard for. That dreams require blood, sweat, tears and tons of hard work to make them happen.

The most touching experience you've had this year?
When I gave a Jollibee party for an orphanage at my hometown. The kids's joy just humbled me. I am making my Christmas project a must do every year. Even if finances are tough, I will find a way to make it happen.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I really suck at this music thing. Ok, let me try google for a while. Ang galing talaga ni Mr. Google. Here's what I found. A song excerpt from "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give fate a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance

This sums up how I feel about life right now. That its ripe with opportunity as long as you willing to lose sight of shore and venture out into new territories.

Was 2009 a good year for you?
It was a very good year for me. Career wise, lovelife wise, travel wise, even financially. I hope that 2010 will be even better.

What was your favorite moment of the year?
I can't just pick one! Too many. Time spent with friends, family and the bf are my favorite moments anytime.

What was your least favorite moment of the year?
When I feel stressed and overwhelmed at work.

Where were you when 2009 began? Who were you with?
The same place I am in right now. With family in our house.

Where will you be when 2009 ends? Who will you be with?
Same as above. :)

Do you have a new year's resolution for 2010?
Yup, lots! But I still have to write them down. I'll post some of them later.

What was your favorite month of 2009?
All the months I got to travel. Hehehe. Hence, February, August and December

Did you lose anyone close to you in 2009?
Thankfully no. A lot of long lost friends found their way back in my life even.

How many concerts did you see in 2009?
Ack! Zero! 2010 F1 here I come! :D

Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2009?
Only the shots my Lingkod brothers made me do. :D

Did anything you are ashamed of this year?
I always regret it when I lose my temper in public.

How much money did you spend in 2009?
Much more than I should have. My savings account should have been more healthy than what it is now.

If you could go back in time to change one moment in 2009 what would it be?
I don't do erase and rewind stuff. I just learn to live with it and hope that I learned my lesson.

What are your plans for 2010?
Lots. First on the list is a family trip to the US to see my sis. Hopefully everything works out especially the visa and finances part.

What are your wishes for the new year?
Better health for me and for all my loved ones. More travels with friends and loved ones. More joy, more laughter.

Cheers to the New Year!

No comments: