Saturday, December 12, 2009

News from Home

I called my mom a while ago just because I was missing her voice. And she spent the next 30 minutes and all of my load just telling me all about the contents of my sis latest balikbayan box. Hahaha. Gotta love my mom.

She told me that my sis sent me the Aveeno products I asked for. I thought she would just give me a bottle or two of the conditioner and shampoo I wanted. I didn't think she would send over the whole line of products. In jumbo bottles too! How am I supposed to bring that back to Sg with the measly 15kgs baggage allowance I have? I guess this is goodbye to the lechon and cans of Century corned tuna I was planning to bring back.

My mom also detailed the Christmas Eve menu she was planning to cook. Now, I'm doubly excited for Christmas. My other sis asked for macaroni salad because she doesn't like buko salad. I told my mom I wanted buko salad since I'm not sold on mayonnaise based macaroni salad. Guess who won? Hahahaha. I just reminded her that mayonnaise is fattening and since everybody in the house is on a diet (yeah, even my dad), goodbye macaroni. :D

We made plans to devote a day to shopping at Macro for wine and Christmas baskets to give as gifts to the rest of the clan. She said we were spending Christmas day at our hometown with our relatives and I made her choose which restaurant she wanted to eat at for our traditional New Year's Day lunch out.

I really miss my family.

No comments: