I am very much enjoying my time home. Even if sometimes the traffic, the crazy long lines, the maniacal taxi drivers and all the spending does get to me, I am still a happy camper in the midst of it all. I've said it once and I'll always say it time and again. It is soo good to be home.
The simple home-cooked food beats any fancy schmancy dish in Sg. The decorations (although Sg has admittedly grander ones, but Pinoy ones are more focused on the religious aspect) and the air of joviality and festivity just makes it easier to feel Christmas.
I got to attend two Misa de Gallo so far. Attending dawn mass is a must Christmas rite for me. It sets the tone for the reason for the season that the endless lines in SM and Ayala don't.
Christmas is but a few hours away and I feel as giddy as a kid waiting for Santa Claus to fill my stocking. The holidays just brings out the child in me. I've already received most of my presents although I still have a few under the tree I saved just so I have something to open on Christmas Eve. :D
And today I am extra happy because my little Christmas project was a success. I sponsored (well, hati kami ni Mommy) a Jollibee party for a little known orphanage in my hometown. The last time the kids had a Jollibee party was two years ago pa daw. It was so heartwarming to see the children's eyes open wide in amazement upon seeing Jollibee in the flesh. I feel twice as blessed to have been given the opportunity to share with them.
The kids were super adorable and pretty well behaved. I was smiling and laughing and grinning the whole time. Even my parents got in the act. Who can resist resist a two-year old dancing to Nobody But You? :D
A grand ole time was indeed had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment