Tuesday, November 02, 2010

October in Bullets

My cough and colds are messing with my brain so lets stick with the tried and true list format to remind me of how October 2010 treated me.

  • Got another raise at work. It wasn't as large as I wanted it to be but it wasn't as minuscule as I feared. Just right to make me hear the bells of Christmas. 
  • Went to Hong Kong for the first time and ordered my wedding gown. Another dream which I thought was unreachable a few years ago is now on the verge of being reality. Plus Hong Kong turned out to be fun. I had no love for the place but when I actually got there, it wasn't so bad. Now I can't to go back and explore (and shop!) some more. 
  • Had to work over several weekends to meet a deadly immovable deadline at work. I was whining and complaining in the middle of it but now I'm anticipating spending all that lovely earned time off. 
  • Had a blast at our yearly Halloween party over at S's place. Dance revo and cam whoring. How could you go wrong? 
  • Our regular meetings with my Lingkod friends. Another set of uplifting moments to nudge me to keep my spiritual life as healthy as possible. And a gentle reminder to never keep far away from God. 
  • Received the lowest credit card bill ever! Ever since I got those cards. But you know the rule. Once you have extra money, unexpected expenses always crop up to make the term extra money a myth. 
  • Stayed at the Marina Bay Sands. I've always wanted to ever since I heard it was being built. Thanks to friends in the right places, we held the bridal shower of our friend M there. Another night of screaming good time. And luxury. Marina Bay Sands is amazing I tell you. Not that I've been to that many luxurious hotels but Marina Bay Sands can certainly hold its own. 

Today is already November and I've already got more than a few memories-in-the-making things penciled in for this month. Let's see if the November list will be longer than this one.

No comments: