Monday, October 01, 2007

I've Got Mail!

Weee!!!

Well, a box actually. At long last dumating na rin ang balikbayan box na pinadala ko two and a half months ago. Why in the world did it take two and a half months for my box to reach Cebu from Hawaii? My sis said that it will take the same time for her balikbayan boxes to reach us from New Jersery. Well hello, mas malayo pa kaya ang New Jersey sa Hawaii. Like a whole continent apart. Nagtour around the world pa ba to? Sana sumabay na lang ako.

I knew I needed to ship some things home the moment we received our school books. They weighed a ton! Plus the things I bought from Costco weighed another ton so there's no way I can check-in and/or handcarry all these tons right?

I am such a newbie at this paking packing of balikbayan boxes business. I had to buy 3 kinds of tape before I got it right. The first one I bought was masking tape which is so wrong for what I need it for right? My schoolmate took one look at the masking tape in my hand and said, "That won't work." Just like that. Gotta love these Americans and their forthrightness. :D

Then I bought packaging tape which when I tried it on my box wont hold up that well. So back to Longs I went. This time I bought this clear packing tape that said, "Approved by US Postal service and meets postal regulations" or something like that. May "strong and for shipping" pa nakalagay. Sold!

At first I thought I wont be able to fill the box. I was living on a student's stipend after all. Ano ba ma-afford ko? Apparently a lot when it comes to Costco. I had trouble closing the box and had to channel my inner contortionist to be able to make the box's ends meet. I taped up all the corners (inside and outside!) for good measure. I think I did a good job because the box arrived in one piece.

Now excuse me as I open it up and get all the goodies inside. :D

No comments: