Saturday, October 13, 2007

Kikay Sabado

Today, my mom and I did our weekly beauty salon ritual. I decided to color my hair this week. This is the first time I had my entire head of hair colored. The first and last time somebody dared tamper with the true color of my hair was 2 years ago. I had two-tone highlights that costed me a bundle. Ambisyosa kasi ako and I had it done at Basement Salon in Rockwell. Ayun, poorita pag human. It turned out pretty okay although when I first looked at myself in the mirror, I thought something was off but couldn't quite figure it out. I was back home when I realized that my eyebrows didn't match my new highlights. Kind of strange to have jet black eyebrows with reddish-brown hair. Anyway, nobody else noticed so keri lang.

This time around I stayed true to my hair color. Which turned out to be dark brown. There goes my jet black hair illusions. I wanted black eyes and black hair. I didn't have either. Ordinary dark brown eyes to go with my dark brown hair. I was toying with the idea of a radical change, but I didn't want to go the blondina route. So trying to be safe (which isn't necessarily a good thing), I chose dark brown by L'Oreal.

Mahapdi pala magpa-color. My scalp felt like it was on fire when the time came to rinse it out. And although I chose a shade that was very close to my real hair color, I still expected something different when we were done blowdrying. Mura ra ug wala. What exactly was expecting to see? Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: