Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lingkod ng Panginoon in Ormoc

my roommates and I

The road to the NLTC (National Leaders' Training Conference) in Ormoc was not easy. First I couldn't get a slot. My leader even had to call the National office to see which branches did not meet their quota so that they could give one to my branch. At the last minute, they found a slot for me. I was so rushed packing because I couldn't decide what to bring. I did not know what to expect. There was a primer but the information I wanted wasn't really there. Plus we had to change transport reservations many times due to mechanical issues with the boat.

We finally arrived in Ormoc at 2 am, settled in the hotel at 4 am only to be woken up at 5 am since breakfast was at 6:30 am and there were 5 of us girls in the room with only one bathroom. You had to be early if you have any hopes of eating breakfast on time since the first session was at 7:30 am. I had to ask myself if I was in some kind of boot camp. Apparently, past delegates had it worse.

I was nodding off the entire first session. I couldn't even stand for long periods because I was so unsteady on my feet due to almost zero sleep the night before. After the first session was over, I couldn't bear it any longer and skipped morning merienda and went to get some much needed sleep. I asked permission to skip the second session. I was awakened in time for lunch and from then on I felt that I was better equipped for the entire week ahead.

I learned a lot of things during that conference. Many realizations came to me. And God spoke to me through the friends I made and the wonderful room mates I had. Bahala na ug walay tulog kay basta magsharing gyud mi. And I learned a lot from those marathon sharing sessions. Some people have the most amazing stories. And you get to think, oo nga no. Pwede yun. Kaya yun.

I've said it time and again. I am truly blessed with the people that God sends in my life. They teach me lessons I would never have learned on my own. And by their example I've realized that I still have a mighty long way to go. A constant work in progress.

No comments: