Saturday, January 02, 2010

It's Still Hard Everytime

Here I am again. Dreading the day I have to fly back to Sg. Which coincidentally happens to be today. By the end of this day, I am back in Sg soil. Buhuhuhu.

Already I am missing my family and the things I love in Cebu. Time spent at home is never enough. I always want more and more. I keep findings reasons to stay but I know that the practicality of living and working in Sg will outweigh any sentimentality about staying here. For now.

And its not as if Sg is on the other side of the globe. It's practically next door. And working in Sg has allowed and will continue to allow me to fulfill my dreams and my dreams for my family faster. Sigh. This is me trying to ease myself into Sg mode again.

I wish I did more eating out. There are a lot of restaurants I haven't tried. They seemed to have mushroomed and multiplied since I left. But I preferred eating at home together with my parents more this time.

I wish I shopped more for myself. But things seemed to be priced the same as Sg or many times even more expensive than Sg. Gasp! I know I can't believe it either. People are People have Tshirts that costs S$20. I would not buy a $20 Tshirt in Sg unless its by a major international brand which I don't think People Are People is.

I wish I spent more time with Mommy. I'm a mama's girl through and through. I consider my mom one of my best friends and she's the best mom a girl can ever have. I know that whatever I do for her is never enough to repay what she has done in raising me and my sisters.

I wish I spent more time watching cable tv. Hahaha. Laugh if you want but our Sg cable subscription is so pared down its almost like not having cable at all. Cable watching at home is so much more enjoyable with a lot more choices. We don't even have HBO back in Sg!

I really should be packing now. I might just forget something later if I panic-pack just hours before my flight. But I am resisting surrendering to the inevitable. Because its just so darned hard.

No comments: