It felt like Christmas morning when I woke up. And in a way it is, seeing that the resurrection of our Lord can be seen as a rebirth of sorts. It is symbolic of the salvation of mankind and the start of a new life.
I went to church with expectant joy in my heart. The mass was especially heartwarming since there was a baptism performed. A baby and a toddler. So very Easter-like, for lack of a better word.
After mass was a scheduled spa appointment. I barely had time to buy and wolf down my favorite peach danish from Bread Talk before going to the spa. That was my pantawid-gutom (something to tide me over) till I can have a proper lunch.
Sadly the masseuses assigned to us weren't good. They didn't warm their hands and the massage oil enough and I distinctly felt the splash of oil on my skin. We definitely had better massages and better service than what we got. It was a good thing the bed was heated or else I would have completely wrote off the entire massage experience.
It was definitely time for food after that. Partly to console ourselves after feeling short-changed and mostly because I was starving. We tried Trattoria in 313@Somerset. We both had the day's specials. Spaghetti Amatriciana for me and Linguine al Pesto for him. My Amatriciana was tasty enough if not exactly wow. His linguine was kind of blah and reminded me that maybe I don't like pesto after all. (Sidenote: Almost all the restaurants in Sg have at least one Pinay/Pinoy wait staff. Hurray for us since we have a fighting chance of getting good service. Something that is still a rare animal over here)
The bf had a coupon for a fish spa session so since we had time, we thought we'd tried it out. It was definitely a new experience. Emphasis on new. I never felt that tickled/creeped out/grossed out all together before. I couldn't help myself and acted like I was having a seizure. It was THAT ticklish. The little gray fishes swarmed over my feet and the feel of their tails and fins brushing against my legs was so toe-curling I had to clench my teeth to prevent another seizure. :D
But after a while you get used to them and thank God for nature's own little pedicurists. Although as I keep starting at and feeling my feet after wards, I don't know if they made any significant difference. Maybe a few more of the fishes feasting on my toes and calluses would do it. Good luck with the seizures though.
We spent some time in Kinokuniya browsing through some books I completely drooled over. I was so very tempted to buy a few novels but kept to my resolve of only borrowing books or buying second-hand.
And since it has been exactly six days since I had some sort of meat in my diet, dinner was a sinigang baboy and fried tilapia affair in Jologs over at Lucky Plaza. Yum! Which reminds me, I'm ready for a midnight snack.
Happy Easter everyone! Christ is risen. Hallelujah!

No comments:
Post a Comment