Friday, April 16, 2010

People Come and Go in your Life

Never was that made so clear as tonight. A friend just told us that she's going back to Pinas and giving up the good fight here in Sg. I am so going to miss her although I do know where she's coming from. She has had the misfortune of working for bosses that are the personification of evil. The kind of bosses that make you afraid to fall asleep because waking up means you have to face them again. The kind of bosses that reduce to a weepy mess in the bathroom. The kind of boss that drives you to burnout and a nervous breakdown. I know because I've been there.

I didn't know how stressed she was and how close she felt to losing it till we had a good talk a while ago. I felt like crying when she said that she just felt tired. She kept repeating that she's tired. She just wants to stop. Stop and rest and not think about anything for awhile. I felt for her and wished I could have been there for her more.

But I salute her for keeping it together even if she was starting to fray at the edges. She's one of the best people I know. The one you know has only the best intentions. She doesn't deserve the treatment she got at the hands of her evil bosses.

I can only hope and pray for her. That she gets the rest and peace she's been looking for. I was happy on hearing her plans for her sabbatical. I know she's going to be alright. After all, she's not just one of my favorite people but God's too.

Balik diri Nika ha.

No comments: