This workweek is especially painful to face because I have a deadline by Friday. The same day I'm leaving for my vacation. Ack! This must be some unwritten vacation law or something. Spoil one's anticipation of a vacation by piling on the stress via a looming deadline just before your plane leaves.
But I will prevail. I will not be stressed. Well, only minimally if I can help it. It helps that I'm not the lead for this project so that takes some of the pressure off me.
And I've already done many of the preparations. I've bought the pasalubongs and my plane outfits. Yes, kailangan talaga may ganun. :D I wanted something that is comfortable yet stylish enough that they might upgrade me to business class. That's one thing I've learned trolling around the web. Airlines decide on who to upgrade based on what they're wearing. Because they wouldn't put someone who looks like a homeless person together with all those who can afford business class right?
I bought large, oversize, comfy tunics that will be paired with leggings. So that I can easily twist and turn trying to find a comfortable position on the sardine compartment they call economy class. I got the idea from this picture of Dakota Fanning. I don't own any boots so I'm going to make do with a pair of ballet flats.
![]() |
| Doesn't that look ultra-comfortable and travel-appropriate? |
Now, I may have done quite a bit of preparations but I still have a lot of things left to do. Like buy travel insurance. Better make it a year's worth this time because I'm seeing a lot of flying around in my future. And to make a packing list. I already have one but I have to modify it a bit to make room for extensive plane time. Like pack socks in my carry-on. For short flights, it doesn't matter that my toes my freezing since the discomfort is only for a short while. But for long-haul flights, I better get as comfortable as I can because there will be no rest for me by the time the plane lands. The manic tourist-spot seeing and shopping will begin immediately, my sister has warned me. So I better pack my carry-on bag very carefully. Staring tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow na talaga. Promise!

No comments:
Post a Comment