Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stll in Limbo

My body and my mind still haven't gotten their SG groove together. I feel like I haven't gotten in the normal flow of things. Like I'm waiting at the sidelines looking for a chance to dive in. Or maybe I already need a push.

It's been 3 days since I've arrived but my body clock and functions has yet to normalized. I took a 45 minute walk/jog around my neighborhood and it so knackered me out, I collapsed on the sofa and dozed off for a solid two hours. I just woke up and I feel too tired to think of let alone take dinner.

And those things I deemed needed my absolute and total attention? I applied my famous procrastination techniques to. As a result, people are making my plans for me and getting my hackles up. I was looking forward to the weekend for some downtime but its not to be. Dinner on Friday (which has the possibility of turning into a sleepover), another dinner on Saturday and I have to go on another jogging session since my 10K run is only two weeks away and I'm nowhere near physically ready or able to do it. Sunday, a friend is visiting so it'll be a day of going around Sg trying to see it through new eyes.

But having written all that, it came to me that the things I am complaining about are actually blessings. Great blessings. My body is slowly but surely adjusting and I am blessed to surrounded by friends I can share and create fun times with. So thank you again Lord for this full life.  Promise, my next post will be less rant and more positivity.

No comments: