Friday, August 27, 2010

High School Reunion....... Not!

My high school batch had their first (I think, I really don't keep in touch with them) reunion just this week. I was browsing through the pictures and I told myself that I was glad I did not attend. I looked at these people I spent school time with so many years ago (just don't ask me how many) and I still did not feel a connection now as I didn't back then. High school wasn't exactly a fun time for me. College was what I consider the good ole days. I was the minority not-sosyal and can't to can-barely-afford in a school of mostly affluent students.

I know I won' fit in that dinner reunion just like I did not fit in years ago. Plus none of the barkada I ran around with in high school were there. One was in New York who I just saw, another I never heard from again for so long now and the third also won't attend even under the threat of death.

But I realize something as I kept looking at the pictures. It's not that I don't fit in now. I refuse to fit in with them today. It looks like we have as little in common now as we did then. Except for a school we all spent four years in. But maybe I'm being too hasty. Maybe if I both give myself and them a chance, I might find that missing connection.

Maybe.

No comments: