I almost forgot about earth hour last night. Good thing my housemate had it on his phone alarm and reminded everyone in the apartment. I tried to shutdown my laptop but my stupid anti-virus scan won't let me. Not even pushing down on the power button did the trick. We finally had to find the process thread in the task manager and kill it ourselves. But even then, 30 minutes had already passed and I felt that I cheated on earth hour.
It was the longest hour of my life. Sitting in the dark with the heat making me sweat in my pajamas is not my idea of a good time. Hello global warming. And boredom in the dark. To make things worse, my housemates started singing! Idol material they definitely were not. I clapped my hands over my ears and groaned no, no, noooo! As if the heat weren't enough torture.
I figured I already cheated with my laptop so I decided to plug in my earphones and drown out their caterwauling. (Using batteries doesn't count right?) I played Lady Gaga's album and danced like a crazy person around my room. Think of it as a improvised health spa. Exercise plus a sauna. I can practically see my fat cells melting away.
Yeah, yeah. I know that I'm acting like a whiny brat. Failing to see the bigger (noble) picture. I mean in a few years, we might not even have a habitable planet to sulk in.
I'm sorry mother earth. Next earth hour, I promise you to give you more love.
No comments:
Post a Comment