I am exhausted. Overworked. Sleep-deprived. I'm sure that my endless marathons of CSI episodes contributed in no small part to this. All those dead bodies aren't exactly conducive to a good night's sleep.
I've been working seven days a week for about a month now just to make my deadline. And I've had it up to here with our lab in the office. I just couldn't take it anymore so I told my boss that I needed a break. Like right NOW.
I guess he picked up on the fact that I was on the last end of my tether and instantly agreed to a day-off the very next day. So now I am looking forward to playing hooky tomorrow.
Of course there are a lot of things I could do tomorrow. File my taxes. Pay my bills. Buy my necessities. Do the chores. But I've got no plans except to vegetate in my bed, in front of the TV and my laptop. Not necessarily in that order. Oh, the joys of doing absolutely nothing. I've missed that. I've almost forgotten how it feels.
Although there is still a twinge of guilt over the work I left at the office. But I'm not going to think about that right now. I've got 24 hours of free time and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment