Watch being the operative word. Because the movie was almost three hours long.Tsaka ewan ko ba if I killed off majority of my brain cells therefore lowering my IQ into such insufficient levels as to be unable to understand the film. In a word, nosebleed!
The movie was full of words like humanity, war, peace, the human condition. Deep man. Again, nosebleed. Sometimes I felt like I was watching a documentary of the Cold war with snippets of the Vietnam war thrown in for good measure. At times, it felt like the movie was one giant MTV video. I counted at least five video montages during the film's entire run. Sponsor siguro ang MTV. Along with Timex. Hello obvious kaayo ang mga product placements.
Tsaka, I was surprised ha. In country where prostitution and abortion is legal but pornography is punishable by law, they actually allowed a movie with a blue glowing phallus gracing the screen every 10 minutes or so to be shown without cuts. But in fairness naman, gifted sya. :D
The movie highly reminds me of that old Batman and Robin show on TV years before. I was half-expecting KA-BLAM and KA-POW to be written in giant speech bubbles on screen.
Pero still the fact remains na wala gyud tawn ko kasabot sa movie. Was it a social documentary about humanity's tendency towards chaos and mayhem unless brought in hand by a much higher power. Was it an existentialist statement on the frailty of the human condition? Was it a comic book brought horribly to life? An action movie pretending to have social relevance?
Ay ambot. Kung naay kasabot, paki-explain lang nako.
2 comments:
truth be told maddie, i only noticed that glowing phallus once hehe...nalingaw ko even if natagbaw jud ko og paminaw...is shoudl get me a copy of the watchmen graphic novel soon...:)
ako kay can't help but notice kay i'm in conservative sg man gud. sige ko think unsa kaha ang naa sa minds sa akong mga kauban ug tan-aw. :D
hehehe. kung wala na diha sa ato, i can get it for you at kinokuniya or borders here. :)
Post a Comment