My feet turned ugly in Sg. Walking is one of the major means of getting to places here and my feet are starting to show the stress. Its a regular callus and corn fest. Sorry for the not so nice imagery.
I'm blaming not just all the walking but also the shoes they sell here. Not the most comfortable of the lot I tell you. The soles are so thin! Nagsapatos ka pa ika nga. You can really feel every stone and pebble. But in fairness, cuteness ang shoes. Style over function seems to the shoe design mantra here. If I wanted to have comfort, then I would have to start buying the imported brands like Naturalizer, Aerosoles or Hush Puppies all of which do not rate high in the cuteness department. Its serviceable yes, chic? Hardly.
I'm a member of a spa here and whenever I can squeeze in the time, I get their foot spa treatment. Which is a primarily a massage and paraffin treatment. But it doesn't go very far in making my feet soft and smooth. At best, the effects last until I get home.
So right now, I'm thinking of ways on how to save my feet from being hobbit-like. I've tried the petroleum jelly and wearing socks overnight trick and it did work for me. I still have to buy petroleum jelly here though and look for new socks. I don't want to sacrifice any of my socks right now. I also want to buy a complete foot spa set from The Body Shop but good luck with finding the time and willpower to actually use them. Baka magsayang lang ako ng pera.
Do those callus band-aids really work? Because there are a lot of kinds available in Guardian and Watson's here. I might try that and see if it is any help.
I really pity the state of my feet right now. Not just how they appear but walking in the shoes I have right now just isn't comfortable. Wala pang three months ang sandals ko and I want to throw them out already. I might just buy those pangmanang shoes and the heck with having cute footwear.
No comments:
Post a Comment