And my salary went up in smoke just like that. Just got robbed at the dentist's office. Well, it felt like being robbed. My bill was a grand total of S$2889.00 That's almost Php90k. I could have bought a Louis Vuitton bag with that kind of money. I'm still shell-shocked actually. This is sure going to affect my budget for months to come. I just don't know to what extent because I'm afraid to do the math.
I got so depressed after, that I wandered around Orchard in a zombie-like haze. Decided that the balm to a misguided spending bout is a little more retail therapy. Sort of counter-intuitive actually but it works for me. Of course, I wasn't going to plunk down another $3k on anything but I figured a bag of Chippy from Lucky Plaza was going to raise my spirits.
I saw this beautiful silky ruched blouse at ION the newly opened mall on already mall-infested Orchard and fell in love. It was by a local designer pero Inday, pang imported lang gihapon ang presyo. $1.7k for a mere blouse. True, it was utterly fabulous but my wallet cannot afford fabulous right now. That's why sa Chippy ang bagsak ko for uplifting pleasures. :D
I passed by the promo booth of Malaysia Airlines. They were raffling off two round-trip tickets to Tokyo in exchange for personal info and a picture from you. I thought at first that a chance to win a trip to somewhere I like, using my new smile is poetic justice for what happened earlier. But then my cautious (read: paranoid) nature said no and I walked away.
My paranoia kept trying to convince me that it was just an invitation to more spam mail and don't I have enough people with access to my email and phone number? Made sense to me but I still feel some regret over passing up the offer. Who knows? I will never win anything if I don't join. Or in these case pose.
Buti na lang I got to taste some leche flan today. That saved my day from being a total bust. Oh that and my room being spanking clean (the whole apartment actually) today. Thank you Ate Regine.
No comments:
Post a Comment