Today I went on a spree at the local library. I borrowed a total of eight books which is as much as my library card will allow me. I am such a bookworm that I carry a fold-able tote bag just for this purpose. I just picked up whatever caught my fancy. I'm glad that this time I had a more varied fare than my usual Catherine Coulter historical romance. I swear I've read all her books. Well the romances anyway. Don't care much for her paranormal sleuth series.
Let's see what I have in my bag.
1. 14,000 Things to be Happy About by Barbara Ann Kipfer - just to remind me to count my blessings and to take joy in the simple things.
2. The Temptress by Claire Delacroix - literary junk food. And why do I get the feeling that the author's name is made up? :D
3. The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason - because I'm still not over Brown's Angels and Demons. Let's hope this book as a substitute doesn't disappoint.
4. The Double Life of Anna Day by Louise Candlish - contemporary chic lit. 'nuf said.
5. Why Flamingos are Pink and 250 Other Things You Should Know by Valeri Helterbran - because I'm a sucker for trivia. It makes me look like I know everything. :D
6. The Ultimate Book of Useless Information by Noel Botham and The Useless Information Society - see above. Besides useless info seems to be the only thing my brain retains these days.
7. The Beauty by Claire Delacroix - because one piece of junkfood is never enough
8. Family Trust by Amanda Brown - it got me from the blurb on the front cover, "From the author of Legally Blonde". Now, does that spell fun or what?
I'll try to do reviews of the books when I can, if I ever finish all of them before the due date that is.
And today ended on a very good note. When I checked my mail, I got this letter that I won a free laptop bag! (Although from the picture looks like a laptop sleeve to me.) Now, who says you can't win anything if you never join. :D Actually its a gift from my credit card company for making them richer and me poorer.
No comments:
Post a Comment