Monday, August 03, 2009

GSS

The Great Singapore Sale of 2009 ended last July 26, in my opinion it wasn't all that great. Discounts weren't really discounts because you were almost forced to buy something you don't actually want never mind need. True bargains were hard to come by.

Last year was a smorgasbord of 50% and above discounts with no fine print. This year, you only get 20% off on the second or third item purchased. Vouchers came with a minimum spending limit. Plus the items on sale weren't all that current. Some came with obvious defects that you wouldn't buy even if it was 90% off.

I only bought a few items during this sale and nothing really comes to mind as to what my best purchase is. Although my friend was able to buy a 10Mp camera for only Php5k++. And I bought my sis the camera she wanted which was half the price it sold for in Pinas.

It's a good thing Sg has year round sales and I would still be able to feed my need for (discounted) retail therapy anytime I go inside a mall.

No comments: