Today, I just ignored someone who messaged me out of the blue asking to borrow money. Hello, I already turned her down the first time because her sob story did not convince me. Besides, we are barely friends.
We were classmates in high school but she wasn't in my clique. She and her friends practically ignored me and my friends then. Then, we met once here in Sg where I treated them to dinner and now she claims enough familiarity to ask to borrow money? Seriously?
She sent me this long, convoluted message about her father, her children, her husband, her mother and I-don't-know-what-else because I didn't bother reading the rest of it. I'm not convinced her story is genuine. And Seriously? Asking to borrow money from old high school classmates you only saw once since high school graduation is the height of shamelessness.
Here's to the art of deadma for people like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment