You know how people make Christmas lists year after year? I usually get the things I list down because I don't include fantastical stuff. Just basic needs and simple wants that are in the realm of the possible. But there was that one constant item in my wishlist that made a reappearance every year simply because it wouldn't come true. And I refuse to let go of it because I wanted it that much. But guess what? Last weekend, it finally came true. After about oh say, five years of waiting.
It's a simple enough wish but one that requires quite a bit of effort on the sender. But this time, nobody sent it to me. I discovered it by accident as I was browsing through our network storage. Somebody made the effort to compile different genres and eras of music into several DVDs. And I am so grateful to that someone right now.
70's music soothes me and brings back great memories. It allows me to tune out of present reality and imagine a less stressful and complicated life. And I discovered a goldmine of groovy tunes last weekend. All 2GB of it.
The way my wish was granted just blows my mind right now. It shored up my faith that the impossible can become possible and that if you wait long enough, it will come in its own perfect time. I am really so grateful for the blessing of these songs that bring me my soul, peace.
Listening to all these music from my childhood (age alert!) has my heart singing its own happy tune.
No comments:
Post a Comment