is Hard! And I haven't even actually started yet. I struggled with myself today not to buy a bag of dried mangoes in order to save money. Before we decided to live on one income only, that would have been a no-brainer. The only question would be if I wanted it badly enough to make the side trip to the grocery to satisfy my cravings.
A bag of dried mangoes is such a simple thing but I started feeling sorry for myself for the deprivation. Sigh. It's only the second day and I succumbed to temptation. This frugal living is going to be a challenge. Especially in a place like Sg where the usual cost-cutting measures don't seem to apply. You can't grow your own stuff. Can't make your furniture-there's no space! (Question: Why do I want to make my own furniture?) I'm just making a point okay!
I am going to rise above this. Try to make saving and being frugal fun. Find humor in the situation. What doesn't kill me will make me stronger. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.
I can do this! And I'm going to do it with grace, poise and beauty. :D Let the googling begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment