Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Karaoke Ok!

Ingnang dili magmove basta nightshot ang gamiton
Mga singers (NOT!)

Last Friday, a few of my classmates and I went to a karaoke place near Waikiki. It was just a spur of the moment thing. We bought some food at KFC and drove from school to Waikiki. It was a good thing there was no traffic and we made the drive in less than an hour.

At first nobody made any attempt to sing, but Haru broke the ice by singing, "Bad Day" and that's when the fun started. May mga topak pala pareho ang mga classmates ko na hapon. :D There were only 2 non-Japanese in the room, me and Grant, a Jemba (Japanese MBA) student.

I sang Filipino songs so that they would not be able to tell that I was singing things wrong. :D I sang Tuloy Pa Rin by the Neocolors and VST's Ikanta mo At Isasayaw ko. Pero humirit pa rin ako ng Survivor ng Destiny's Child where I lost my breath in the middle of the song and had to give it up. :D

Kenji and Haru were screaming singing Japanese rock songs and jumping all over the place. Parang high. :D And I know they did not have a drop to drink because they were driving. It was a really fun evening, I discovered some things about my classmates I never knew before. Things I can use for blackmail. :D Hehehehehe.

After karaoke, we bought Coldstone ice cream and took a stroll along Waikiki beach walk. Then we decided to go home na. Kenji then proceeded to get lost and instead of taking the east H1 highway, he made a wrong turn and went on the west H1 highway which led us to the direction of UH (University of Hawaii).

Yuko, upon realizing that we were near UH suddenly had the bright idea of going up Talantulas Drive. It's a look-out point above UH that was supposed to offer a spectacular view of the lights of Honolulu.

Kenji initially didn't want to go because he didn't know the way but he was no match for the four insistent girls riding his car. Walang kalaban-laban. :D Grant who already drove home was called and begged to come with us to show us the way.

At eto naman si Grant, mabait nga kasi pumayag kahit nakauwi na sya, eh for someone who drives has a really lousy sense of direction. Yuko and I transferred to his car para ma-divide yung mga pasahero. He said that he will drive first because he knows the way daw because he has already been there before. Halfway up, he gave up and told Kenji to lead the way because Kenji had the map.

We never got to the look-out point. The roads were like the way to Baguio but worse with more twists and turns. Parang pretzel ang daan. We gave up after more than 1 hour of driving along the dark roads. Naghanap na lang kami ng pwedeng maparkingan along the road that had a view of the night lights. We only stayed for a few minutes because it was almost midnight na.

On the way home, Grant got lost again. Kenji was wondering where we went. At UH, we all transferred to Kenji's car and he kindly drove all of us girls home. :)

No comments: