Its this book I'm reading. Which I'm totally loving by the way.
I've given up romance novels for Lent and have switched to what I call "matino" books. Out of the four "matino" books I've checked out of the library, this is the only one I'm reading. I've even snubbed Paolo Coelho in favor of the pleasure of reading about happy things.
The thing is, the book is geared towards an American audience and I've found that I have no idea what a lot of the things there are. I had to google many of the stuff we are supposed to be happy about.
Like Fleetwood Cadillacs (looks like a hearse) , tiddledywink disks (I found out its a game), duck-paneled magazine rack (still haven't figured out what this is), azaleas (beautiful and looks like a relative of our gumamela) and butter crocks (never seen one before).
I've been having as much fun googling about these things as much as reading about them. And whaddaya know, butter crocks do make me happy in a never-seen-them-before-but-they-do-look-cutely-whimsical way.
No comments:
Post a Comment