The taxi driver we got was the chatty type. I normally hate that but he was giving us a crash history course on Sg and it was pretty interesting. Mature (read: senior citizens) can be such founts of wisdom. Anyway, he was telling us how Sg used to be 30 years ago. And when he got to where I lived, he told me that the whole area used to be a huge graveyard. That got me up and listening intently. I'm living on top of dead people?!
I told manong driver that he was scaring me. He told us that in chinese culture, a graveyard has to have good feng shui or else people wouldn't bury their loved ones there. I was mollified to hear that swerte pala ang sementeryo in Sg. Although for me its more of being blessed than lucky. But we can't let all that good feng shui go to waste, can we? Where's the nearest lotto outlet?
No comments:
Post a Comment