Sometimes I think that its easier to get things done in the Pinas than in Sg. Easier to get some things too. Like grocery things. I swear the supermarkets back home are more completely stocked than here. The supermarkets here are lame. They only carry the basics and not all of them at that. Frustration! And don't get me started on fashion. Pinas has got H&M for goodness's sake! I don't think Forever 21 is for me because even the smallest size hangs like a sack on me. Never mind that they have a new 3 story superstore at 313@Somerset mall. I can only salivate over clothes that won't become me.
Anyway, I digress. The real reason for this post is my frustration over the lack of writing workshops for adults in this minuscule country. I'm even more frustrated that my dear old Pinas has this (Basic Creative Writing), and this (Writing Online), and this (Travel Writing) and we have nada. Oh to have more vacation leaves available. I'll be over there enrolled and ready to write my little heart out faster than you can click on the book button in Cebu Pac's page.
When I wished long before to study abroad, I always thought it would be a course in Creative Writing. I got my wish all right, only it wasn't to study Creative Writing but something else. In fairness, I got enough stories from experience that can fill an entire semester of writing workshops.
Universe, is it too much to ask for me to attend a good writing workshop here in Sg?
No comments:
Post a Comment