The world's weather is going whack. I know I mentioned this before. But environmentalism is one of my pet causes and I want to do what I can short of joining Greenpeace. (Because its expensive pala.)
I truly believe that our earth is on its last gasping breaths. I don't know how many centuries our precious planet can go on like this. And unless I go conspiracy theory on you and think that all of this is because of some secret government weather warfare program, we can only blame the continued destruction of our environment as the main culprit.
I want to do my part in saving earth and the only way I can think of is by minimizing my carbon footprint. (A measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of greenhouse gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide.) If everyone does his/her part then maybe we can do the impossible (for now) and bring earth back to its once pristine and pure self.
Some things we can do off the top of my head. (No time for google na)
1. Join Earth Hour (March 27, 2010 8:30-9:30 pm) Lights out!
2. Refuse plastic bags. Especially those little ones used to put a bottle or a few items in. Bring your own eco-bag. There are quite a lot of them out there. Some of them by designer labels. So you can be chic and earth-friendly at the same time. Speaking of which, can someone gift me with an Envirosax? Then you can be a good friend and green together. FTW!
3. Don't buy products with excessive packaging. Tissue, then a box then plastic wrapping? Where do you think all those garbage will go afterward?
4. Go organic. So that less toxins will enter our food chain.
5. Buy green products. Those that emit less pollutants and use less energy. Learn about energy efficiency and buy accordingly. Look for the star!
6. Shoot for the garbage bin. Don't litter. Here in fine city Sg, you'll be literally throwing your money away once the police catch you.
7. Be a little more loving, a little more patient, a little more understanding. It'll help lessen the negativity all around. Which you'll have to agree is really good for anyone's environment.
No comments:
Post a Comment