Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wanderlust Kicking In Big Time

I want to step into this picture (Boracay, Philippines)

I discarded about two other posts before settling on this one. The first one was another in the rant, whiny series and I figured my life could do with less negativity, so I scrapped it and tried to come up with a feel-good post but di ko keri with my PMS . (Can't do it with my PMS rearing its moody head). So here I am whining and complaining again. I'm hormonal ok so give me a break.

I just watched ASAP XV, my country's best variety show. Biased. :D Anyway, they were broadcasting live from Boracay, one of the most happening islands back home. And watching them frolicking in the clear blue waters and super fine sand just made me want to go to the beach so bad. This place has no decent beach to speak of. It's a major production to go on a sandy island getaway. I miss home where I just can hop on a bus and I'll be in sight of a beautiful beach in a couple of hours.

It doesn't help that I've spent the better part of today just browsing pages upon pages of the NY Times travel section. The articles and features on South America and the Caribbean made me itch to travel right then and there.

I could theoretically do it of course. All it takes is a credit card and a few clicks and I could be on my way to Peru right now. Theoretically of course. Providing I won't care that I won't have a job when I come back and life in Sg as I know it would be down the drainpipe.

Kanta na lang ani. (All I can do is sing.)



Kokomo
Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go, Jamaica

Off the Florida Keys there's a place called Kokomo
That's where you wanna go to get away from it all
Bodies in the sand, tropical drink melting in your hand
We'll be falling in love to the rhythm of a steel drumband
Down in Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you to
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo Montego, baby why don't we go
Ooh I wanna take you down to Kokomo,
we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go, way down in Kokomo.

Martinique, that Monserrat mystique...

We'll put out to sea and we'll perfect our chemistry
By and by we'll defy a little bit of gravity
Afternoon delight, cocktails and moonlit nights
That dreamy look in your eye, give me a tropical contacthigh
Way down in Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you to
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo Montego, baby why don't we go
Ooh I wanna take you down to Kokomo,
we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go, way down in Kokomo.

Port au Prince, I wanna catch a glimpse...

(sax solo)

Everybody knows a little place like Kokomo
Now if you wanna go to get away from it all
Go down to Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you to
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo Montego, baby why don't we go
Ooh I wanna take you down to Kokomo,
we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go, way down in Kokomo.

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you to
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo Montego, baby why don't we go...

No comments: