This little dot of a country where I live now sits right at the equator. So weather pa lang, summer na summer na dapat di ba? It can't get anymore more tropical at the equator. So my question is, why in the name of all that is sane and sensible are they promoting, Spring in Sg?
The shop window displays are all pinks and greens and flowery. Where are all the sexy babes and beefy hunks clad in the barest of swimwear against a backdrop of aquamarine blue? These images are all over my country even as we speak. Plastered on billboards, cavorting on your TV screen, frozen in giant tarpaulins in malls. All sorts of summer paraphernalia would be the main displays in the mall. Sunscreen, beach balls, swimsuits. People would be falling all over each other planning trips to the most exotic corner of Pinas.
Sigh. Just the thought of summer gives me a natural high and makes even being stuck at the office on the dreariest day bit more bearable. Thinking about sun, sand, and surf automatically puts a smile on my face. Summer I love, spring I can't relate. I guess I just have to console myself with this.
No comments:
Post a Comment