Monday, January 02, 2012

Looking Back and Forward

Am writing this on the second day of 2012. Still acceptable I suppose. What I don't find acceptable however was the fact that I only wrote 6, Six! blog entries for 2011. Out of 365 days, I only have time for 6 posts.

To think that one of my resolutions for 2011 was to document my life better. Obviously I failed spectacularly. To be fair, I had a valid excuse. I was so busy for the major part of the year preparing for my wedding. Which I should have documented. Damn.

Anyway, let me start this year right and write something. Hopefully this will jerk me out of my inertia.

2011 was a banner year for me. I got married! I know I dreamed of getting married someday but somehow I never really thought it would actually happen. But it did and I had the dream wedding, I've always imagined. I had my dream gown. I've always wanted to be a Monique Lhuiller bride and I found a way to be one. Yep, I was wearing a Monique Lhuiller as I walked down the aisle of Sacred Heart Church on my Manolo Blahnik shoes. Very Carrie Bradshaw eh? :D

One of the things I strongly wanted in my wedding are Tiffany chairs for all the guests. None of that all-too-common chair covered in white fabric and tied with ribbon of choice. Thanks to my wedding planner Tisha Cue for making it happen.

My florist and event stylist Simple Wishes really made my venue beautiful. I loved it! All those cabbage flowers and lanterns were just so divine and elegance personified. I loved my wedding what can I say. :D

2011 was the year I conquered a another new continent. I've always wanted to have a European honeymoon and I want to thank my husband for making it happen. And for paying for it too. :D Another milestone for 2011 was that I was able to trek up an active volcano which we shall call Mt. Pinatubo. It wasn't the easiest thing I ever did and after we descended swore never to do it again. But then sometimes hindsight can be shortsighted and I wouldn't mind going that way again. :D I guess this selective memory is what enables women to forget the pain of childbirth enough to have several children. :D

I spent Christmas of 2011 and the New Year of 2012 in Singapore. The first time I was away from my family for the holidays. At first I was so broken up about it but then as the holidays came by, I made my peace with it and was actually able to enjoy the holidays in this little red dot of a country. But next Christmas will most definitely not be in Singapore again. By hook or by crook, I swear, we shall be spending it in Pinas.

I'm sure there were a lot of memorable things that happened last 2011. I would have liked to list all of them down but my computer is acting its usual wonky slow self and it takes me several seconds to get a reaction to every mouse click. Let me get back on that with some reminiscing posts this 2012. That would give me material when I absolutely have nothing to write about my day. :D

Let's go to 2012 then. I look forward to nesting this year. We are planning to get our own place and I want to start shopping for furniture and stuff to decorate it. Sort of practice when we buy our own apartment here.

The usual travel and savings goals of course. Plus a very personal goal which I am keeping close to my heart until it comes true.

I want to live a more passionate, colorful life in 2012. More true to who I am and what I want rather than just taking the path of least resistance. I vow to be a better, more alive version of myself this year of the dragon. Like the dragon, I shall breath fire into every aspect of my life and light up everything.

I am so ready. Enter the dragon!!!

No comments: