What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Get Married!! (Obviously this is the big one)
Tour Europe
Ride a gondola in Venice
Climb up Mt Pinatubo
Volunteered to teach some Indonesian schoolkids English
Wore Monique Lhuiller and Manolo Blahnik
Tried on a Vera Wang gown (dream come true!) :D
Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some of them I was able to check but many remained unfulfilled. I just finished making the ones for 2012 yesterday.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin who was supposed to be one of my bridesmaid got pregnant and then gave birth just a few days after my wedding.
Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no.
What countries did you visit?
Switzerland, Italy, France, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Hongkong
What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A baby.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Marrying my best friend.
What was your biggest failure?
Not saving enough. Failing to meet my financial goal but like my friends say, the memories are priceless.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
The usual psychosomatic things I imagine to get me a sick day. :D
What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 3, 2011. The day I got married.
What was the best thing you bought?
My wedding gown. :D
Whose behavior merited celebration?
My dearest husband of course. For being so patient with me and always forgiving me.
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My wedding. It's the biggest day of a girl's life. :D
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Philippines government as always.
Where did most of your money go?
The wedding obviously.
What song will always remind you of 2011?
Pump Up Kicks by Foster the People. Our first dance at our wedding reception. :D This post is turning to be a wedding reminiscing one.
Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter!!! Ugh, Ugh and double Ugh. This is the heaviest I've been ever!
iii. richer or poorer? Well, my savings bank account registered growth. :D
What do you wish you'd done more of?
Taken more pictures. Wrote more blog posts. Wrote more journal entries. Read more intellectually stimulating articles. Fed my mind more. I felt like I regressed intellectually last year.
What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinate. Dither. I could have saved more money if I've made my decisions way ahead of time.
What was your favorite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory, Castle, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, Hart of Dixie. (No wonder I feel like I'm mentally regressing.)
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate because I just don't care.
What was the best book you read?
Hmmm.... This is what I meant that I should have fed my mind more. I can't remember a book that stands out. I know I've read many books but almost all of them of them of the fluff regency romance, contemporary romance category. Maybe I should venture in the non-fiction aisle.
What was your greatest musical discovery?
Adele. I know,I know. I'm late to the party.
What did you want and got?
A Samsung tab for my birthday and jewelry for Christmas. :) A new camera too. All courtesy of the hubby. Thanks sweetheart! Mwah!
What was your favorite film of this year?
Nothing stands out but maybe Mission Impossible?
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Let's skip the age part shall we? I had a nice dinner with my husband at a restaurant in Holland Village.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A honeymoon baby.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Slob. I shall make more of an effort this year I swear!
What kept you sane?
The internet, my tab, my husband and books.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Let me introduce you to my jologs self. It's Angel Locsin. :D
What political issue stirred you the most?
The housing policies in Sg. Most unfair.
Who did you miss?
My family. We spent Christmas and New Year in Singapore and I am not doing that again.
Who was the best new person you met?
I haven't met a lot of new people in 2011. I think I should go out more.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Do you decide to be right or to love?
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
This could really be a good life, a good, good life. From Good Life by One Republic.
The most touching experience you've had this year?
I guess when I saw my friends who came from Singapore and Japan at my wedding. It meant a lot to me.
What did you like most about yourself this year?
I made things happen.
What did you hate most about yourself this year?
I was such a cranky (and ungrateful) person this year. And that I couldn't discipline myself enough to diet and exercise.
Was 2011 a good year for you?
I was on a roll last 2010 and it continued on to 2011. Although there were some bad news too. Like my friend in the office resigning just when I was in the thick of preparations for my wedding but I still had to take over her duties. But I'm so excited for 2012. Oh the possibilities!
No comments:
Post a Comment