I'm writing this on the second day of the Chinese New Year and I must say that year 2012 is starting out fabulous. I already got to check off one of my goals for this year. I had as goal #9 - Visit a new place in the Philippines. I checked that off my to-do list with a quick but ultimately very satisfying visit to the island of fire Siquijor.
And not only did we go around the entire island (half of it in the dark) but I also managed to do something for the first time. I saw fireflies for the first time!!! Yep, its only at my ripe old age now that I got to see this magical creatures of nature. If fireflies exist in Cebu, they must have stayed at a place I've never been to.
I can't really describe the moment I saw them. It was magic. I was thinking that they were several tinkerbells flying around the trees. It was surreal and awesome and magical. Like in those fantasy movies that deal with fairies and their kind. I kept thinking they must be tiny teeny fairies and if they come to me real close, I'd see a small person with wings flying around.
I love Siquijor and I'd go back in a heartbeat and stay at the same resort. Hambilica where they have a firefly hatchery and offers one of the most serene and peaceful views of nature.
Seeing how 2012 has gifted me with one great blessing after another, not only the trip but also a wonderful one week visit with my family, I can't wait to see what other terrific surprises this dragon year has in store for me and my family.
Kung Hei Fat Choi!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment