Wednesday, September 19, 2007

In Da Haus

This is my fourth or is it fifth trip to Singapore. In my past visits, I've done many of the tourist stops already so I'm not really raring to go out and explore the city. To me, Singapore is just one super-sized Glorietta and Greenbelt. Puro malls and restaurants. Going to the malls just depresses me because of all the beautiful dresses (that fit! hooray for petite Asian people) I can't afford. And eating new cuisine is just no fun without him so I don't go gastronomic exploring either. I just wait for him to come home from work and take me out for dinner and whatever fun things we could think of.

In the meantime, laman ako ng cyberspace and also do some things around the house para naman matuwa sya sa akin. :D

Last night we ate at Pepper Lunch. It's this Japanese resto (na di ko naman nakita sa Japan) that serves steak, chicken, salmon and burger on (very) hot plates. They are served somewhat raw and you continue to cooked them in the hot plate. First you rubbed butter over the pieces of meat and turn them over to cook the other side. Then you pour some sauce (honey something, sorry, I forgot the name) over the whole thing. In a word? Delicious! Lami! Oishii! Masarap! Ono! Wait, that's not one word. :D I quite like it. And what made it more delicious for me was the side of bean sprouts (aka tawgi). I like tawgi. Especially when they are as fresh and crunchy as last night was.

his order, hamburger and steak (did not get to taste as he practically inhaled it)

my order, chicken and steak


It was a very satisfying dinner. The only downside was amoy usok ka paglabas. And pag tumalsik while you are cooking, amoy ulam ka rin.

We then went around the adjacent mall to try to see what's on offer and also to burn off our dinner. I saw a lot of cute dresses. Pero di ko type yung mga mostly A-line and practically shapeless dresses that seems to be the fashion here. I saw several dresses that I liked and were very lovely. Tinanong nya ako kung gusto ko ba talaga and offered to buy it for me.

You know, we girls secretly dream of having a sugar daddy who can provide for us, pero kung meron na nag ooffer to buy something for us without us doing the, "buy me this, buy me that" refrain, nakakahiya rin pala. Especially when I am so used to getting what I want for myself. Bonus na lang yung bigay ng mga nagmamahal sa akin. :D

I said that I would think about it first. I have been successful so far in curbing my impulsive buyer instinct and have avoided many a buyer's regret moment. After sleeping over it, I decide that though I may want it, I don't really need it. And my bank account sends a million thanks my way. :D

Pero baka tomorrow, I may take him up on his offer already. ;P

1 comment:

lizette said...

i luv pepper lunch too :) luv their salmon steak .. yummy!