We initially wanted to order from KFC and have it delivered to the apartment, but we have been on hold for 5 minutes already with no sign when we would be attended to so we gave up and just decided to eat out instead.
He suggested Jack's Place, a steak house near the library. We were just in our shorts and slippers so I was having my doubts whether we were going to be allowed inside or not. Turned out, the place was not that fancy. The napkins were still paper after all. Although they did seat us at the back portion of the restaurant, along with all the others who were wearing shorts also. Discrimination I say. Our money was just as good as those who were wearing slacks.
Good thing the service was quite satisfactory. I ordered a Rib Eye and he asked for the Tbone. I asked for medium well for my piece of meat. Medium well was described to have a slight tinge of pink in the center. I learned to appreciate steak that was not thoroughly cooked as they are more juicy and have more flavor. I once had a steak that was still dripping bloody red juice. Good thing the restaurant was quite dark so I didn't have to be reminded that I was eating nearly raw meat.
My Rib Eye was tender, full of flavor and quite juicy. But I still had to dip it in chili sauce. A sacrilege I know. But what can I say, I like my chili. :D He had his well done and he was complaining that it was quite tough. I told him that that's what happens to well-done meat. All the juices dry out. Next time, I'm introducing him to medium rare.
He suggested Jack's Place, a steak house near the library. We were just in our shorts and slippers so I was having my doubts whether we were going to be allowed inside or not. Turned out, the place was not that fancy. The napkins were still paper after all. Although they did seat us at the back portion of the restaurant, along with all the others who were wearing shorts also. Discrimination I say. Our money was just as good as those who were wearing slacks.
Good thing the service was quite satisfactory. I ordered a Rib Eye and he asked for the Tbone. I asked for medium well for my piece of meat. Medium well was described to have a slight tinge of pink in the center. I learned to appreciate steak that was not thoroughly cooked as they are more juicy and have more flavor. I once had a steak that was still dripping bloody red juice. Good thing the restaurant was quite dark so I didn't have to be reminded that I was eating nearly raw meat.
My Rib Eye was tender, full of flavor and quite juicy. But I still had to dip it in chili sauce. A sacrilege I know. But what can I say, I like my chili. :D He had his well done and he was complaining that it was quite tough. I told him that that's what happens to well-done meat. All the juices dry out. Next time, I'm introducing him to medium rare.
black forest
mango mousse
rib eye steak with pepper sauce
Tbone steak with mushroom sauce
2 comments:
food trip galore jud diay ka madz when u came here :) i guess that's one thing i luv about this place :)
food trip gyud. :D no other trip man. wala man mi nanglaag. :D
yeah, daghan gyud restaurants sa singapore. there's no need to go to the same place twice sa kadaghan sa choices. :D foodie haven gyud. :D
Post a Comment