Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sex and Fashion in the City

I mentioned one time to him that Sex and the City is one of my favorite shows and he thoughtfully downloaded all the episodes of the series. So for the past several days I've been bingeing on Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda and their adventures and misadventures in love. But aside from the 4 leads, there is another star of the show that can almost be considered a character in itself. What else but the beautiful fashion that these so sexy and with-it ladies wear. I watch the show for the clothes as much as for the fun it offers.

So when he took me shopping at Vivo City, I was channeling the sassy fashion sense of Carrie as well as the sweet looks of Charlotte. I feel too stiff in Miranda's power suits and parang di ko keri ang mga dressed-to-seduce damit ni Samantha.

I found this really pretty dress at one shop. It was knee-length black with shimmering vertical threads all over. Plus really sweet ribbon straps. But I figured that it was too dressy for daytime plus it had pleats. The last time I wore pleats was in high school with my school uniform. Pleats are too much trouble for me especially when it comes to ironing.

I was looking for a shirt dress that's good enough for a casual day at the mall and be conservative enough for the office. I was choosing between this chocolate shirt dress with puff sleeves and a sleeveless black and white shift dress with red piping on the square neckline. Both dresses look like something Charlotte would wear. I love both of them, but I cannot buy both. Its not my money after all. So practicality won out in the end. I chose the chocolate dress since it had more uses than the black and white one. Plus it was $10 cheaper. :)

He also bought me this 60's inspired number with a Pucci-like print that he said looked like kurtina. Hmp! Guys talaga. It was so totally Carrie. Its a bit short though pero keri lang. I think I am going to wear it to our girls-only dinner tonight. And come to think of it, apat kami! I get first dibs on Carrie. :D

Thanks so much sweetheart. Mwah!

No comments: