My thoughts, opinions, musings, harangues, ravings, emotions, reveries, my dreams......my life. Dayun mo.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Surprising Things I've Found Out About Singapore Life
I was chatting with a former officemate today and I found out that nagapa-cleaning diay sila ug balay once a month for the bathrooms and common areas of the house. Nasurprise lang ko ani nga information. Kay di ba, I thought na once you are abroad kay sariling sikap tanan. Ingon pa sa akong migo from back home nga didto daw sa Pinas kay wala naka-maid, pag-abot sa Singapore kay nagapa-cleaning service na. Definite sosyal improvement.
Although I do know of Filipino families who hire maids when they move to Singapore. Especially mga double income types para naa mubantay sa mga bata.
And as I was talking to another friend, ingon sya nga dili daw uso ang magluto sa Singapore. Sige lang take-out or eat na lang gyud sa hawker (their own version of our carenderia). You can see entire families eating at hawkers most nights. Ingon sya nga kung magluto, it comes out more expensive especially when it comes to the ingredients.
And I found out na nagapaplantsa pa diay ang another friend nako diri. Wow ha. Philippine-style convenience in a First World setting. San ka pa?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow..lol labwan ang nihon ani dah hehehe :D
hehehe. labwan daghan countries. :D
waaah.. dili lagi ko ka relate. my housemates and i do our own cleaning, we do our own cooking (the local food now all tastes the same to me), and i freakingly do my own ironing of my clothes - which i hate the most of all chores.. (which before was once a month lang, now once in two months nalang) :D
but on the other hand, there are good things that i get from doing all these: i can spend less time for malling when it's cleaning time sa house so maka save, i can get to eat what i want and what i crave for when we cook, and i get a reason to shop if wala nako masuot .. bawi ang gi save..lol :D
kita ko ug another way of avoiding the malls, the library! :D geeky i know. :D pero nice man ila books and it can keep me entertained and out of the malls for hours on end. :D
yeah.. i love their libraries here. i cud spend a whole afternoon scanning at all the books they have. but it's been months since i last visited one.
Post a Comment