Friday, January 22, 2010

The Temptations

The road towards fulfilled goals and resolutions is filled with landmines of temptations designed to lead you astray. I know I should get my weight down, sleep early, wake up early and save my money. But I see things that severely test my willpower and they are too inviting for me to resist. Consider this.

1. The Coach Poppy Line - So cute and colorful. I may be too old for this but they look so candylishly yummy. I'm not planning on acquiring another bag that cost the equivalent of a return ticket to Europe but the Poppy line fits nicely into my budget. That is if I only have crackers and water for a month. But then that would help me lose weight. Hmmm.... This could actually work. :D

2. The Mega Flea Market at Expo this weekend - I really don't need anymore stuff. But flea markets are just too fun to resist. Maybe if I just look around.........

3. Those yummy, yummy heart shaped cakes and sweets the bakeshops churn out this season - Calories, calories and more calories galore! But who can resist this, and this and this. I'll probably get umay after a bite or too but those first few bites would be heavenly.

4. Big Bang Theory, Cougartown, Eastwick, Glee - Hello to hours of LOL moments and my inevitable zombie alter ego the next morning. They totally put to waste any anti-aging goop I slather on my face. But they are so much fun! If only I can learn to schedule fun only on weekends.

But no! I will be strong. I will prevail! 2010 will be the year that I will Oprah-size my life. Now, shutdown this laptop and go to sleep.

No comments: