Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bills, Bills, Bills

I almost had a coronary when I opened my credit card bill. My heart kind of stopped for a minute as I tried to wrap my head around the figure I read. This can't be! I internally protested. I was praying that I somehow misread it and the decimal point was actually a place further on the left.

No can do. Turns out that the tickets I bought for the trips (yup, plural. yey!) were included. That's $1200++ right there. How did this happen?!

But there's nothing doing for it now. If I had waited for another billing cycle, I would have paid that much more for my tickets. Just got to suck it up again and fork over the money for the umpteenth time.

Sigh. You'd think this would make me swear off spending for a while and keep my wallet and credit cards under lock and key. But alas, I have no such willpower. Even though I've given up going designer (for now) and have gotten my shopping kicks out of Daiso (our friendly everything-at-$2 store), that's still money better spent paying off previous unnecessary impulsive lovely buys.

I went inside Daiso resolute that I don't want anything and I was just going to browse around. Famous last words. Five minutes inside and I was convinced that I needed additional clothes pins (Who doesn't?) and 10 other things including decorative plastic bread. Good thing I managed to screw my head on straight right before I got to the counter. I tossed many of my silly finds and made off with just $8 worth of merchandise. That equates to two packets of clothes pins (I told you I needed them), a bag of soft chocolate cookies, and floor wipes. Not bad for someone on a shopping moratorium. Of course zero dollars spent would have been better but such is life.

Since I was depress-depressan (being the emotera that I am), I emotionally ate and polished off 2 KFC egg tarts (divine!), a few soft-shell crab pringles chips (sounds weird but totally addictive) and raisins. I'm hoping the healthy benefits of raisins will cancel all the junk food qualities of the other two. :D

The binge managed to raise my spirits but not much. I'm still morosely thinking about my credit card problems. Where are a few millions when you need them.

No comments: