I finished my 2nd 10k run with a constant feeling of near-death. Or at least of wanting to die. I worried before the race about getting leg cramps. I should have been worried about being able to breath at all. My lungs felt as if they were about to burst. Especially on the climb up the five bridges we had to go through.
Brutal, it was. I know it was nothing compared to those who ran the 21k but I felt tortured enough. I even had to go to a first aid station three times just to have salon pas sprayed on legs because my muscles were tightening already. I walked/half-jogged most of the way and just managed to sprint the last 100 meters.
I am thinking about swearing off running forever but contrary me is being stubborn and is convinced that I will do better next time. In fact, I have another 10k run scheduled this December. But I need enough motivation to train. I'm thinking about giving myself a reward if I can reach my target time on my next run.
Now, as to what that reward will be, I have yet to decide. But this kinds of decisions are the most delightful to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment