![]() |
| Source |
And another thing, irrational as it seems, I'm afraid of what the book's effect would be on me. People who have read the book have said that it has changed their lives or at least their mindset. And I'm pretty impressionable when I want to be. I'm afraid that the book will push me to do something totally out of character (or maybe its totally in my character and I'm just waiting for the right push). I'm afraid that it'll make me want something more again. Something that I can't go after. For the sake of other people and just because its not the practical choice.
How messed up is that kind of thinking right? (I went through a long self-help phase that's why.) :D
But based on the reviews of the book, its about being "selfish" and just going after what you want no matter what. I've been mostly "selfish" for a big part of my life. Mostly because I have no responsibilities. I can afford to think of me and only me. Not that I do, well, not all the time anyway. :D But I think its time to stop being "selfish". I don't think I can afford to right now. Not if it would mean giving up a big part of what gives my life meaning and purpose.
With that in mind, I'm still scared to pick up the book but I'm going ahead and reading it anyway. No sense letting $18 go to waste. If it has no effect on me, then I'll pass it on to someone else who gets something more out of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment