I feel like my mind is being pulled every which way. I need to focus and I need to focus now. Easier said than done when you have the attention span of a gnat. Where can I buy a double dose of concentration?
I have the wedding preps to attend to and they are getting more urgent by the minute as the date draws near and we don't even have a church reserved yet. My sister sent me a whole bunch of zipped files full of scanned images from bridal magazines. I'm very grateful to my sis for her unwavering support. Emotional, practical AND financial support. I'm very very lucky with my siblings. They are the best sisters one can ever ask for.
Even as I've arranged the wedding books my sis gave me by my bedside, so that I won't have an excuse not to go through them, my mind is already flying off in another direction. I've been playing Christmas songs all day and of course that set me on a Christmas trip/party/gift buying mode. I've finally killed the Christmas carols so that I won't be distracted.
Then I start thinking of Halloween and how fun it would be to throw a costume party complete with the creepy cute decorations I saw in Daiso. I was already imagining how I would decorate the apartment with them. I start to think about what games to play, the food to serve. Stop!
First things first. I will plan a Halloween party and I am going to make celebrate Christmas with all the trimmings only WHEN I have already made some headway into my wedding plans. That should scare me enough to get cracking on the wedding details.
The files my sister sent over gave me a whole bunch of ideas for the wedding. Too much in fact that my brain is suffering from information overload and my mind is paralyzed with too many options to choose from. Everything looked so pretty and yummy. I want it all! But well, you rarely can have it all in the real world so I have to make a choice and soon. Esep, esep.
Help!
No comments:
Post a Comment