Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Most Awful Massage Ever!

Subtle Senses spa sucks big time. They are a disgrace to the spa industry. We had our first treatment there after True Spa was bought out by Subtle Senses. Right off the bat, you knew you were in for a bad deal. Let's start with their stupid reservation system which requires you to show up in person JUST TO RESERVE AN APPOINTMENT! How stupid a system is that? You have to show up because nobody answers the phone so I'm guessing their published phone numbers are just a decoy to annoy and frustrate us paying (we already paid after all) customers.

We arrived for our 6 pm appointment and they kept us waiting for 30 mins while they "prepared" the room. "Prepared" because I don't know what the heck that means in their vocabulary. The room was a mess. The trash bin was overflowing and there were used disposable underwear in a corner of the en-suite shower. Ack! Gross and double gross!

The masseurs were not trained properly. By that I mean they don't know how to give a good massage by focusing on all points of the body. They just went this way and that, rubbing and kneading where they saw fit. And they don't know the meaning of good customer service. When they take my arm to massage it, they just allow my arm to fall by itself back to the bed. I am used to masseuses carefully putting my arm back to its position. And good masseuses carefully  move and tuck in the cover towels as they massage you. Not carelessly fling it on and off you like you are a bed being covered with a bed sheet.

Arrghhh!! Remembering what happened just puts me back into a bad mood. Plus the masseuse talked. And she talked a lot. With saliva spraying all over the place. Sorry for the gross images but I just have to let this out. Whatever happened to masseuses wearing masks? I actively hate the masseuse right now.

And lets not forget about my body scrub. She just slapped some body scrub on me and rubbed like she was doing the dishes. No make that the pots and pans. Arrgghh! Bad mood darker now.

We still have a lot of already paid for treatments that we haven't taken advantage of. But the way things went a few hours ago, I'd rather just lose the money than subject myself to their so-called "spa treatments".

Subtle Senses doesn't deserve to be in the spa business and I hope somebody takes them out of it. And make that soon.


P.S.
I just mean that I hope that somebody buys them out. A better spa, one who knows the true meaning of the word.

No comments: