As I was staring at my office calendar, mind numbed by the document I was reviewing, I remembered the many momentous events that have happened this 2010.
During the first quarter was a substantial raise by my company on the first day I got back from my Christmas vacation. Then of course, the Valentines spent at Batanes. One of the most beautiful places in the world.
I voted for a new president on the second quarter of the year. The election I participated in was especially historic since it was the first automated elections in Pinas. My president did not win, but I am very proud and happy that I exercised my patriotic right to vote. And who can forget that I became engaged during this same period. The start of a new life to come. Exciting and scary at the same time.
The third quarter brought me to the US to finally see my sister again after four long years. And to spend a most exciting two weeks, shopping, eating, going on the great American road trip, seeing amazing sights and experiencing many new things in my life. Just your basic seeing-your-dreams-come-true trip. :D And just today, my boss announced that we are getting another raise. Of course, now that I've computed the percentage vs salary figures, the final amount equals chump change. But its still better than nothing. Besides, it might be chump change in dollars, but I can buy pretty neat things already with it in pesos. :D
And the year isn't even over yet. We've still got the fourth quarter coming up in a couple of days. I wonder what wonderful surprises it will bring. I never really anticipated all the things that have happened so far. They just sort of fell on my lap. That's why I'm so excited for what the rest of the year will bring. I really have no expectations. I'm just ready and waiting to receive the universe's awesome and extra-ordinary gifts that are destined just for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment