Sunday, September 05, 2010

Shopping in the USA

It was one of the first things I missed the moment I got back. The variety, the choices, the cheap prices. I am of the opinion that the outlet shopping centers and huge groceries over there are little slivers of heaven on earth. All those wonderful stuff for sale with even more wonderful prices. It has spoiled me for shopping anywhere else.

I looked at the shopping malls in Orchard now with a jaded eye and remember that anything I buy there will always be cheaper in the US. I have lost the urge to go shopping in this country and find myself longing for Jersey Garden, the best outlet mall in the East Coast for the simple reason that its air conditioned. :D You won't believe the miserable heat I had to endure when I was there. And I live on the equator! But a heatwave will not get between this girl and her retail therapy.  

One thing I took out of shopping in the US is the philosophy to never pay retail. Always go for the sales. In fact when I was there, we would directly go the clearance rack. We would bypass all the new arrivals and head straight to the back where all the bargains are. We scored a lot of good buys this way. It's a good thing that many American women are large sizes leaving a good selection of small to extra small sizes for me.

So now, whenever I buy here I always try to make sure that its discounted or else comes with a good promo. I have made this philosophy to never pay full price mandatory for all my wants and as the case maybe for my needs.

But I still do really miss shopping in the USA. I wonder when I will be able to do so again.

No comments: