I went to mass recently at the Blessed Pedro Calungsod Shrine at the Archbishop's Palace. And every time I visit there, I am always impressed by how beautiful it is. The altar is resplendently elegant and the chandeliers just lovely.
I like the mass there too. Since its a small place, the mass is more solemn. And the altar boys follow strict protocol in serving during the mass. De numero ang lihok. Just like how its done in Rome. Sometimes, during special occasions, they say the Eucharist in Latin. With Latin songs from the choir too.
And they are more strict with the dress code. I felt so brazen in my capri pants and cap sleeved blouse. Parang feeling ko kailangan ako mag long skirt, long sleeves with matching veil every time I go there.
It would be lovely to get married there, in front of the beautiful altar but since its a shrine, weddings are not allowed. But renewal of vows are so maybe you can have your 25th or 50th wedding anniversary there. Since its a short walk to the altar, your middle-aged knees will not be too overworked. :D
Please forgive the not so clear pictures. I just took it with my Sony-Ericsson K610i since I was too embarrassed to whip out my digicam.
No comments:
Post a Comment