Thursday, December 13, 2007

Singing Emmanuel

The Christmas carol not my gorgeous friend. :D It's my favorite song from among those we sang for the annual Lingkod Christmas carolling activity. I like the melody and because it puts emphasis on the reason for the season. The birth of our Savior.

Emmanuel

Behold a Virgin shall be with child,
And shall bring forth a son,
And they shall call his name Emmanuel, Emmanuel.

Rejoice the savior is born,
In the manger is the Christ child lain.
All the angels throughout proclaim
"The Savior is born!"

coda:
In other words, God with us.


And so that you can appreciate the song more fully, I have attached a video of us singing it at one of the houses we visited. Actually there's not much to see sa video because I was hiding it and bahala na unsa makuha. I was just after the recording of the song. Too late I found out about the sound recording function of my phone. :D Kani laging dili mahilig magkuri-kuri ug gadgets. :D



The carolling was fun as always although this time we spent more time getting lost than actual carolling. Unsaon man nga liblib na lugar man puros nagpuyo among mga gicarollan. But in fairness we were able to raise Php 4,300 from just three houses. God's grace. :)

kami'y namamasko

No comments: