Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas is just around the corner

our little Christmas tree and belen

Christmas countdowns are everywhere and for some reason, its making me nervous. Not that I have anything to be nervous about. I just am. It's like I should be doing something in the final stretch to Christmas Eve but I have no idea what. I've done and bought gifts for all my friends. My immediate family not yet but I have more than enough time for that. I've already mailed my cards to overseas friends and family since the first of December yet so I have high hopes that they will receive them well before Christmas Day.

As for gift wrapping, well I don't believe in gift wrapping. Reason #1, its better for the environment. Less packaging, less garbage for our dear planet to choke on. Reason #2, I have absolutely no talent in that area. Reason #3, its better for my wallet too. :D But I am going to splurge on gift cards so my presents will actually look like presents. Minus the ribbons and bows and colorful wrapping paper, of course. :D

On the gift front, things are looking up. There is one present under the Christmas tree for me to open come Christmas day. From the bag, it looks like my sister got me something from Kamiseta. My other sister has sent her gifts too but I can't open them because they weren't wrapped in the first place. Maybe I should wrap them myself so that I can rip them open later and ooh and ahh over the Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works lotions, colognes, shower gels and undies she got me.

The gifts from Japan and Singapore I will receive after Christmas day or even after New Year's. Hehehehe. Assuming na kaayo. :D Kamo man sad ingon naa. :D My little Christmas project has been postponed due to inclement weather but its in its final stages of execution. Its my own little way of giving back.

Christmas carols are filling the air. The air is nippy and the newspapers are full of ads for sales and bazaars. In a few hours, the Simbang Gabi will start. I'm looking forward to eating puto paired with sikwate later. There's no stopping Christmas now.

But inspite of all these, its so hard to hold on to the Christmas spirit. A few times I've been filled with the cheer of the season but many times I feel like a direct descendant of Mr. Ebenezer. What I wouldn't give to see Christmas through the eyes of a child again. I miss the magic of Christmas.

No comments: